Background

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's Day

A couple of weeks ago, Ronnie took me to the Real Marriage conference in Corona as a late birthday surprise. We were only able to attend Friday evening's session because my Grandpa's funeral ended up being Saturday morning during the 2nd half of the conference, but it was an awesome and memorable experience nonetheless. I did my best to get a decent picture, but it was difficult. We were able to get a book signed by Mark and Grace Driscoll, and I have started reading it already. I really respect and admire a lot of what they have to say about Christianity and Marriage, so this experience was a real treat for me! Thanks honey, you know me well =)


Although the conference wasn't on or for Valentine's Day, I thought it was appropriate to include it in this post since it is about marriage after all... Valentine's Day morning started off like any other workday, but when I opened my car door to drive to work I saw this invitation:


If you can't read it, it says "Will you be my Valentine & join me for dinner & Casa de Jones? Tonight beginning at 5:30 PM. Order of the evening: foot massage & pre-soak, H'orderves, Dinner, Dessert, Relaxation. RSVP via text..." He is so smart to give me something to look forward to during my workday! When I got home, we did just that. He had sparkling water and bruschetta waiting for me to consume during my foot soak while he grilled dinner.



(He had hung a few of our V-Day decorations) Did I mention there was romantic music playing?


And last but certainly not least... For dinner he had prepared steak and lobster, rice, and grilled veggies. I didn't get a great picture of the dinner, and the steak hadn't even made it to my plate, but I was so anxious to try it that I wasn't thinking much about the picture. It was definitely one of the most delicious dinners that I have ever had! Way to go sweetie!


We cleaned up and gave our stomachs a little while to settle down from the meal, and he suggested that we top off the night with a run to Yogurtland and a chick flick of my choice! I discovered my new favorite flavor - Toasted Coconut with coconut shavings - and we watched "Love Happens". It was a pretty great day if I do say so myself, and I don't think I would have planned it any differently. I love being married to such a selfless and romantic "wooer"!