Background

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My October Goals

This month is going to be so busy for me, but I am still going to try to accomplish the following 10 things to take advantage of the lovely autumn season:

1. Take a trip to Oak Glen. I want to bask in the beautiful orchards wearing a pea coat and scarf while enjoying apple cider or an apple turnover (I haven't decided which yet... maybe both).


(source)                           (source)                          (source)

2. Take a walk. I know this may sound silly, but I do have to plan for events such as this. I think it would be so lovely to walk in the brisk air with some leaves on the ground. My husband would definitely be a part of this so I suppose I'm making 10 goals for him too!

3. Limit my spending on things I don't absolutely need. I have been wanting to do this for a while, but it seemed especially relevant as Christmas approaches and I need to save for gifts! It's never too late to improve your budget and spending habits, and this time of year is the most difficult for me to embrace that with the abundance of coats and scarves being worn and sold.

4. Visit a pumpkin patch - preferrably with a petting zoo.


My husband recently informed me that he can't go to pumpkin patches because the last time he went he ended up with hives... I was disappointed, but decided that we can go anyways. He can be extra careful not to touch anything and we can bring Benedril just in case.

5. Plan a Halloween Party. I do not like Halloween at all, but I do love dressing up and I especially love partys! Since the holiday falls on a Sunday this year and we normally have small group on Sunday, I thought it might be a good opportunity to plan a really fun event including carmel-apple-making, dressing up, and maybe a scary movie (or a funny scary one). Those are a lot less worse now that I am married and don't have to go to bed alone!

6. Make a Pumpkin-inspired dessert. Maybe something like this pumpkin cream cheese muffin... yum!


7. Take some satisfactory pictures of me and my husband either for our 2010 Christmas card or just for fun. Because we were married earlier this year, I may end up using our lovely pictures from the wedding, but I may not be able to resist a cozy fall pic! I love this one taken last year of us by Jenna Dawn Photography.


and some fun ones...


8. Crochet at least one scarf. I usually get in the mood to do this around this time of year, and spend money buying a bunch of cute yarn, and get tired after making a few things. This year, I want to buy one skein of yarn I absolutely love, and commit to make a beautiful scarf out of it. I also want to start on two Christmas stockings, but I am not aiming to finish them this month.

9. Memorize the following verses about God beautiful creation:

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard. Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world." (Psalm 19:1-4; cf. Psalm 97:6)

"You care for the land and water it; you enrich it abundantly. The streams of God are filled with water to provide the people with grain, for so you have ordained it. You drench its furrows and level its ridges; you soften it with showers and bless its crops. You crown the year with your bounty, and your carts overflow with abundance. The grasslands of the desert overflow; the hills are clothed with gladness. The meadows are covered with flocks and the valleys are mantled with grain; they shout for joy and sing." (Psalm 65:9-13)

 10. Plant a spring flower. Fortunately my goal is not to keep it alive or I would probably fail.


There are my 10 goals. I hope that by the end of the month, I have a good report to make!

:::Jonesy:::