Background

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pumpkin Muffins

This goals thing is more difficult than I expected! It is funny how difficult it is to accomplish merely 10 things that I want to do in the period of a month. I think next month I may make fewer or maybe easier ones. Anyways, I feel like I can confidently say that I have completed 4.5 of them so far (the half pertaining to the verse memory). I will share more about my progress and achievement later, but for now I wanted to share my "Pumpkin-Inspired Dessert" experience.

I decided to make pumpkin muffins. They were really more like cupcakes, but I like the sound of "muffins" better - it probably means I can eat more of them. A while back I remember reading or hearing that you can substitute the eggs/oil/water to be mixed with a cake mix with pumpkin puree to give a more moist and pumpkin-y flavor. (So yes I know it probably doesn't count because I used a cake mix and didn't make them from scratch, but it is a start!) Here is what I started with:

1 box of Spice Cake Mix, 1 can of Pumpkin Pie Filling (15 oz) (I added a little bit of Cinnamon)


I scooped large spoonfulls into muffin cups and baked for about 20 mins at 350 degrees.


Once they were done and cooled, I added cream cheese icing to some of them. That seemed to be a big hit, so I probably should have done it to all. I decided to take a plate to handbell rehearsal to share because heaven knows I could not have them sitting around my house! I have no self control when it comes to moist desserts... In fact, this morning I ate one of the muffin tops before breakfast! Muffin tops are the best...


:::Check:::