Background

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmastime is here!

Here is a little peak at our home right now:

L: The kitchen table centerpiece, we decided to add some silver to the room!
R: I love this wreath and ornaments... it was exactly what the space needed.


Our crocheted stockings (there wasn't really anywhere else to put them lol) and more silver.


The gorgeous Willow Tree nativity that we received as a wedding gift. I was so excited to pull it out for Christmas! ...and one of the silver mirrors haha


And moving on to the more woodsy, rustic-style living room.

One of my boutique purchases from the lovely Julian Dolen. I love it!


My camera takes good macro shots!


L: So we got this cardinal pillow for FREE at Kohls because we got a coupon in the mail for $10 off and the pillow was like $9.99 so we were able to walk out with it without spending a penny. So good...
R: The deer that I decided not to sell at the boutique along with an engagement pic.


I am pretty happy with how our mantle turned out. It was one of the more frustrating things, but in the end it makes me really happy. Funny story though, the star to the left was supposed to be our tree topper, but as you will see in a bit, our tree is rather small, so it was literally pulling the tree over. The topper was too large and heavy for our poor tree, so I thought it fit well here instead. Now to figure out an alternative tree topper...


And finally, our little no-topper tree. It fits perfectly in the space between the air conditioner and the tv. And it now has lights on it which makes it so much more adorable!


While I was having so much fun playing with my new camera, my hubby was diligently studying for a test. Even though this picture turned out blurry, I still really like it.


Another note about my new camera: I finally decided that there is pretty much no way to take an amazing picture inside our poorly lighted apartment at night, so from now on I am going to try to focus on taking more pics outside and with better lighting at least.